ITALIAN LANGUAGE COURSES
Centro Lingua Italiana Federico II
Italian course in Sicily
Centro studi Lingua italiana Federico II which is located in via Crociferi 22 organize is specialized in italian language courses for foreigners with every demand and limit of time.
Our courses are organised according to the Common European framework levels and give students the possibility to communicate and live in Sicily in complete harmony with locals, in order to better appreciate the city and its culture.
Our school is open the whole year, our courses are held every morning from Monday to Friday. We are only closed during Christmas festivities, Easter and during national holidays such as 25 April, 1 May, 2 June, 15 August.
The minimum duration to enroll in our courses is one week. Students can then decide to continue their course, staying in Catania.
In the morning our enthusiast and specialised italian native teacher; with a solid experience in teaching italian as a second language will follow you during your italian course. We use a communicative approach to learn how to use the language and communicate in italian.
Our method is not only focused on the grammatical aspects of the language but also in the use of interactive and audio-visual material.
In the afternoon you can enjoy our interesting cultural programme discovering cultural and artistic treasures of the city.
Italian language school Federico II was enstablished since 2008 gaining experience in the organisation of italian courses and gathering students from all over the world.
Now the school is a benchmark for those who want to learn italian language and culture in Italy.
Requirements for courses
Our courses are held the whole year from level A1 to C2.
- Minimum age: 16 years old;
- Minimum duration of the course: 1 week;
- Maximum number of students per class: 8 students.
General Italian language course:
- 3 hours lesson per day (15 hours per week) + 2 individual lesson tutoring from Monday to Friday.
Intensive Italian Language course:
- - 4 hours of group lesson (20 hours per week) from Monday to Friday.
- on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 2 hours in the school and 2 hours outside. This method aims to learn italian and to use it immediately out of the school in a real situation.
- 4 hours of group lesson per day, 20 hours per week, from Monday to Friday.
Italian cooking e wine:
- Italian lessons devote to italian culture, italian cooking, and sicilian food. Food tasting and sicilian wine lessons together with a specialised sommelier.
Italiano for Erasmus:
- 6 hours per week, (the lessons timetable has to be established during the registration).
One to One:
- individual tuition are a good occasion to intensify rapid learning. Student can ask teacher every doubt. Our teacher devote themselves to the specific needs of the student. (1 hour- 10 hours – 20 hours).
CILS course & CILS Exam:
- Corso di preparazione esame CILS o iscrizione all’esame presso la nostra sede.
- Online lessons for those who are not in Italy for long period of time.
Italian + Art:
- Italian language course together with painting and pottery classes in the evening.
Italian language classes are held Mon.-Fri. with the following schedule:
9.30 - 10.15
conversation and listening comprehension
11.30 - 12.00 coffee break
12.00 - 12.45
reading comprehension, writing skills and grammar rules
12.45 - 13.30
Didactic material is provided for free.
The included cultural activities are held in the afternoon with a min. of 2 participants.
*Each lesson lasts 55 minutes.